So we have another story about a young person who has suffered trauma and misery through a perceived lack of physical perfection. In 2008, Imogen D'Arcy, a 13 year old girl from Leeds committed suicide because she thought she was "fat and ugly".
- Pupils leave school knowing almost nothing about core Christian beliefs.
- Pupils are often exposed to Mickey Mouse Relgious Education that they find babyish and unchallenging.
- Pupils are unable to think coherently about religious beliefs and how they shape our lives.
- Pupils understand RE in almost complete isolation from the rest of the curriculum.
- Pupils are rarely challenged when they spout nonsensical claptrap.
Here follows an account of one of the most amazing ministries in the UK today. It is an outstanding example of what David Bosch calls holistic mission.
The Green Pastures charity was started by Pastor Pete Cunningham in 1999 in Southport. Pete cashed in his pension worth £6000 and bought a pair of flats and began to house and care for two homeless couples.