Recent comments

Mark Roques on Neymar 100% Jesus? (Tuesday 17th July 2018 5:45pm)

Thanks Ted for taking the time to make this comment. I don't know a lot about the Seven Mountains of Culture movement but from what you say they are proposing some kind of prosperity mindset. Is that right?

Ted Newell on Neymar 100% Jesus? (Tuesday 5th June 2018 4:27pm)

Mark, I suspect adherents of Seven Mountains of culture who want to retake the mountains as Christian citadels would see Neymar as sign of God's blessing.

Sareen Galbraith on Conversations with Dutch teachers and students (Sunday 13th May 2018 2:58pm)

Mark is an excellent communicator of the gospel. He has really challenged me to think about how I communicate the gospel to my friends, work colleagues and people I meet. I highly recomend his book.

Charles Strohmer on Dangerous Faith in the Enneagram (Saturday 17th March 2018 9:19pm)

Glad to see you taking on the Enneagram, Mark. It's become more popular in the States among Christians. The gnostic mindset you describe in your background notes reminds me of Jung's gnostic depth psychology. I wrote a journal about it yonks ago. I could try to dig it out for you if you wish. Keep up you good work. C.

Chris Armstrong on Review: Medieval Wisdom for Modern Christians (Saturday 17th February 2018 10:15pm)

Many thanks, Alicia, for this generous review. I still believe - and think I demonstrated - that Lewis was an "intuitive medieval" in ways that go well beyond his self-identification in (for example) his De Descriptione Temporum talk at Cambridge. And I most certainly agree that he was not perfect (nor was, of course, the church in the Middle Ages!). But these are small matters - which maybe we can tease out and discuss at greater length over tea or beer sometime.

Timothy Kuiper on Are we called to be academics? (Saturday 23rd December 2017 12:45am)

Many thanks Alicia. Found this a very helpful piece. The ideas provide stability to the swaying views of over or under spiritualizing our work.

Steve Bishop on In pursuit of Christian scholarship (2) (Wednesday 6th December 2017 12:26pm)

Thanks for this review Rudi.

I interviewed Robert Sweetman recently - where he discusses aspects of the book:

Alicia Smith on The idea of a Christian university (Tuesday 21st November 2017 10:35pm)

These are very interesting thoughts! I think I have a (probably unfair) negative reaction to the idea of 'Christian universities' based on the stereotypes and problems associated with the American private model, but of course there is room beyond that, and the idea of a whole academic community with the same goal of glorifying God in excellent integrated research is very attractive.

Richard Gunton on Welcome to the University of Babylon! (Saturday 16th September 2017 10:11pm)

Glad you enjoyed these posts, Patricia.  And congratulations on beginning the PhD studies - I hope they're getting off to a good start!

Patricia Gray on Welcome to the University of Babylon! (Tuesday 22nd August 2017 3:16am)

Thanks for some very interesting and stimulating reports from the conference Eline. I am enjoying them...and for your comment this time Richard. It becomes all the more relevant to keep in mind as I begin my own part-time PhD this September as well as continuing in my work role to support others!