Recent comments

Ron N. on On Horses and Victory: Proverbs 21:31 (Wednesday 29th April 2020 6:53am)

I’m wondering if the horse is supposed to be ours or the enemy’s. Proverbs does talk about being prepared (as does Christ!); but there are multiple points in the TaNaK/OT that should make us pause:
Exodus 15:1—Then Moses and the sons of Israel sang this song to the LORD, and said,
“ I will sing to the LORD, for He is highly exalted;
The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.”

Psalm 20:7— Some boast in chariots and some in horses,
But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.

Steve Bishop on Become a Consumerist Today (Wednesday 15th April 2020 7:56pm)

Nice one mate!

Cal Bailey on George MacDonald, Anxiety, and Joy (Tuesday 14th April 2020 10:45am)

Excellent and timely reminder. Wasn't McDonald a gem?

David Hanson on Charting the territories of science and religion (Monday 13th April 2020 11:03am)

Thanks for that, Richard: an illuminating blog. As Harrison deconstructs matters, does the notion of an ultimate 'tie' (Lat. ligare) come to light within the idea of religion. I must read him.

Shirley Sides on Solitude and unity: a medieval perspective (Tuesday 7th April 2020 7:33pm)

Thank you for these thoughts. I am grateful... to discover the skill of devotion, rather than public works, as a Christian, is a good place...

David Hanson on Solitude and unity: a medieval perspective (Monday 23rd March 2020 11:40pm)

Really insightful piece. Thank you. We need reminding often that the Body of Christ is only partially reflected in the congregation. Its communion is prior to, and broader than, the local union of any group of believers. But we can and do experience that communion with the 'eyes of the spirit' - even with 'those whose rest is won'.

Timothy Kuiper on Academic Publishing: A Necessary Evil? (Thursday 19th March 2020 10:02pm)

Thanks for this Georgina. Really good to be reminded that publishing has many positive aspects and that rather than despair the bad parts we can unearth the good!

Evan Walker on Is Prince Philip the Chosen One? (Tuesday 17th March 2020 8:46am)

Brilliant as always! Where people put their faith is a important question and one that definitely needs answering. This is something that I hope will make people seriously consider trusting in Jesus.
Thank you!

Mark Roques on Academic Publishing: A Necessary Evil? (Monday 9th March 2020 6:13pm)

Thanks for this Georgina. This post has really helped me in my work with TFN. It is stressful promoting articles, books etc and it can create anxiety. Thanks for reminding me why we do this in the first place.

Michelle Dempsey on Student Ministry in Leeds is Expanding (Thursday 5th March 2020 10:44am)

I'm convinced Mark, that extending hospitality and generosity is the most wonderful way to strike up conversation with anyone and a beautiful example of what JC would do. Love it.