Recent comments

Liz Hume on One year on: writing from the middle of the story (Thursday 8th April 2021 11:03am)

Thanks for sharing this honest post, Alicia - from one among many who are rooting for the flourishing of the humanities in our culture in general, and your contribution to that in particular! Praying for comfort as you look at your part of the story - it isn't over yet...

Steve Bishop on Goliath's Pagan Worldview (Monday 22nd March 2021 10:54am)

Brilliant mate! I've reposted it on my blog - hope that's OK.

Kevin otieno on On Horses and Victory: Proverbs 21:31 (Sunday 21st March 2021 3:25am)

The massage is quite good for Christians to be alart to stand firm and to do their mandate , because the enemy has rise against them but the victory belong to the lord , glory be to the lord for your massage

David Hanson on God’s Vision for our Relationship with the Natural World (Tuesday 16th March 2021 11:18am)

Good to be reminded of our calling. Thanks.
You'll maybe know, but will be interested to learn that 'shamar' is also regularly translated (in the glorious English of 1611) as 'hearken unto'. It was for the needs of the Garden (no-one to water it) that the adam was put there.

Dave Hopwood on Mr Khan has killed 400 girls (Friday 5th March 2021 11:37am)

Heart-breaking to read this Mark, to realise that lives can be viewed in this way. As a commodity. Thank you for highlighting the value of each of us, every person precious, unique and made in the image of God.

Mark Roques on Confident, Imaginative Disciples are Urgently Required (Monday 8th February 2021 9:54am)

Dear Harish,

Thank you very much for your interest in our slave chronicle materials. Do email me if you would like to know more aboit this resource. My email is at the end of the blog post.

David Hanson on Power as a Christian Scholar’s Vocation (Tuesday 2nd February 2021 9:54am)

Thanks, Michael, for such a perceptive and challenging post. Now to see if I can get students in my church to read it!

David

Harish patel on Confident, Imaginative Disciples are Urgently Required (Monday 1st February 2021 1:44pm)

Hi Mark Roques
You have been highly recommended to consult about discipleship materials for use in urban bame cultures setting by Alan Black of LCM.
I and some in my diaspora team want to learn more - about the slavery chronicles materials. Please keep me posted
Thanks
Harish Patel

Bruce Muirhead on Compare and Contrast Approach to Discipleship (Sunday 31st January 2021 12:51am)

Something to point out to your Muslim friend. Mohammad teaches that the Quran is given to CONFIRM (musaddiqan) the previous scriptures. This word musaddiqan is repeated 5 times in their book. Then it says that the words of God cannot be changed ( a thought repeated 10 times). Conclusion: the Bible is the trustworthy Word of God and therefor should be studied and its message should be believed.
From this point on we show the good news of Christ.

Karla Poewe on Ministry to Sixth Formers (Thursday 7th January 2021 11:21pm)

The piece, Ministry to Sixth Formers, is very interesting. And it is imaginative and excellent to relate the Christian message to everyday reality of, in this case, 17/ 18 year-olds and through music they know. I would have liked to listen-in on the 22. Jan. 2021 online session, but my university e-mail server did not deliver my message to your realitybites address. Perhaps the time difference would not make it possible either or our university security.

Perhaps you have an alternative way to arrange something. Sincerely,